The Vietnam Microfinance Working Group (VMFWG) with a financial support from Cordaid organization, and in collaboration with Horus Development Finance
are conducting a training session on
“MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (MIS) AND BRS/ADA FACTSHEET”
Venue: 5B Ho Xuan Huong Street – Hanoi City – Vietnam
Date: 23 – 25 July 2012
I. Purpose of the workshop
The main purpose of the course is to provide participants with a good overview of what is a MIS, what can be expected or not from different types of MIS for different types of microfinance providers, what can / should be done to improve the information system of a microfinance organization.
The standard financial performance indicators as well as the BRS/ADA factsheet will also be briefly presented to the participants to highlight the links between MIS implementation and performance monitoring & analysis.
II. Trainer for the training: Mr. Gabriel Metz (Horus Development Finance)
III. Participants for the training
This training course is for microfinance managers having still a limited exposure to MIS and IT implementation projects, including:
· Board members or policy-makers of microfinance institutions/providers;
· Chief Executive Officers;
· Operation & Project Managers who will be involved in MIS implementation;
· IT Managers;
· Internal Auditors.
Language: The training will be facilitated in English with interpretation into Vietnamese. Good knowledge of English is important.
IV. Follow-up visit
After the training course, the trainer will also spend two days to meet and visit two participant MFIs with MIS systems (if possible not only the head office but also in the field). MFIs interested by this follow-up visit should specifically mention it in their application. In that case, we encourage you to tell us in advance which aspects of IT and work organization you would like the consultant to focus on. During the visit, the consultant will briefly assess your current situation and advice on possible short and medium term enhancements (in total confidentiality) Transportation costs and consulting fees for the follow-up visit will be borne by visited MFIs.
V. Registration fee
- Registration fee is 6,300,000VND per participant who is an official member of VMFWG before 31st December 2011;
- Registration fee is 8,200,000VND per participant who is NOT a VMFWG member;
- Extra fee of 6,300,000VND for MFIs who will receive the follow-up visit from the trainer.
VMFWG will support the participants: lunch, tea break, software and training materials
- You can confirm your participation by filling the attached registration form and sending us an e-mail with your curriculum, organization’s name, participant’s name, function, phone and fax number, and interest in benefiting from a follow-up visit by the trainer.
- Registration will close 30 June 2012 and is in general limited to one participant per organization. If you are interested to send two participants from your organization please contact the organizers as this will depend on the availability of places.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Hue – VMFWG Administrator cum Project Assistant
Phone: 0984 655 290
Tel: (84-4) 6269 1825
Fax: (84-4) 6282 2462
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Address: Vietnam Microfinance Working Group Office – 4th Floor, No. 70, Alley 34 Hoang Cau street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi, Vietnam