This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
The Vietnam Microfinance Working Group (VMFWG) in collaboration with PlaNet Finance are conducting a training session on
“GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP TRAINING FOR MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS”
Time: 2 days, 14-15 June, 2012
Venue: Army Hotel, 33C Pham Ngu Lao, Hanoi
I. Objectives of the training:
To familiarize the participants with concepts and practical application of effective governance.
- Recognize the various elements in effective governance of microfinance institutions;
- Gain deeper understanding of the structure that influences governance;
- Provide clarity on the interrelationship of leadership and management in the context of governance;
- Explain the various duties and responsibilities of the board and management
II. Trainer for the training:
Mr. JAY P. SUPETRAN is presently the Program Manager of PlaNet Finance in Cambodia and Vietnam, supervising the Financial Inclusion Project. Prior to joining PlaNet Finance, he was a consultant with the Land Bank of the Philippines as Micro-Agri Loan Specialist in a project funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and as a Business Development Specialist in a project funded by the World Bank.
His experience include consultancy and advisory work with funding agencies and development institutions, research and development work, subject matter specialist and trainer and as program implementer.
He took Master in Community Development (MCD) at the University of the Philippines. His areas of specialization include development finance, enterprise development, organizational development and adult learning
III. Participants for the training
Board members or policy-makers of the social funds (MFI)
Top management of the social funds (MFI)
Language: The training will be facilitated in English with interpretation into Vietnamese. Good knowledge of English is important.
IV. Registration fee
- Registration fee is 1.200.000VND per participant who is an official member of VMFWG before 31st December 2011.
- Registration fee is 1.700.000VND per participant who is NOT a VMFWG members.
V. Financial support
Meals will be provided during the workshop for confirmed participants by VMFWG, and the organizers cover accommodation costs from 14 to 15 June, for max. 1 night. Transportation cost will be supported partly by VMFWG.
VI. How to apply:
- You can confirm your participation by filling the attached registration form and sending us an e-mail with your curriculum, organization’s name, participant’s name, function, phone and fax number.
- If you need this invitation by fax for Visa or other purposes, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Registration will close 10 June 2012 and is in general limited to one participant per organization. If you are interested to send two participants from your organization please contact the organizers as this will depend on the availability of places.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Nguyen Ngoc Huong – VMFWG Project Officer
Phone: 0168 3388 823
Tel: (84-4) 6269 1825
Fax: (84-4) 6282 2462
Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Vietnam Microfinance Working Group Office – 4th Floor, No. 70, Alley 34 Hoang Cau street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi, Vietnam