This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
APAC MICROFINANCE FORUM 2018 – Rethinking Microfinance: Explore the Latest Trends, Development Trajectories and New Perspectives on the APAC Microfinance Ecosystem
Time: 30 Oct 2018 – 31 Oct 2018
Registration Fees: (Full price) EUR 1300
Conference materials only (free of charge for registered delegates): EUR 500
Microfinance Institutions (MFIs); Local authorities; Impact investors; Multilateral & national development agencies; Commercial banks; Micro-banking & micro-insurance managers; Financial consultants; Support service providers; International finance organizations; Organizations providing a technical assistance to MFIs; Financial Innovation Labs; Micro-entrepreneurs; Microfinance researchers; NGOs
Growth in the Asia Pacific (APAC) microfinance sector has been rampant and sharp differences emerge across the region. In 2017, the average global growth rate for the micro, small, medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) was 10-15 percent. And, the Asia Pacific region had the highest growth expectancy by 25-30 percent, albeit the quite diverse socio-economic contexts, market maturities, and regulatory dynamics.
Today microfinance sector has undoubtedly become more dynamic so that the financing requirements are more complex. Microfinance institutions are undergoing various transformations in their structure; adapting their business models to different types of financial institutions such as small banks. The need for a well-functioning regulatory framework is evident. Transparent management of funding and better-functioning client protection mechanisms are increasingly in demand. Moreover, innovations in the financial sector help microfinance clients have greater outreach and wider product offerings. In turn, Microfinance sector is evolving from a niche segment to a mainstream investment topic.
Asia Pacific Microfinance Forum underlines the fact that “It is time to rethink microfinance.” It features keynote lectures, case studies, panel discussions, and interactive networking sessions with the help of pioneering microfinance experts, investors, banks and finance organizations to discuss the latest and pressing issues in the sector.
Participate in the forum, you will:
- Meet the world’s market-leading companies in the sector
- A unique platform to share know-how among Microfinance experts
- Gain insights into the minute issues in the Interactive Discussion Sessions
- Listen to the best-practice examples and the lessons learned from the local experiences
- Grow your professional network, and discuss potential collaborations with the industry peers
- Gain comparative perspectives on the region
- Gain a competitive advantage in a rapidly changing business environment
- Influence and help shape future trends in the sector
- Find practical solutions for challenges your organization is facing
For more information, please visit Event Website
Sources: Microfinance Gateway